I've been posting a few recipes recently that I used after my Yoga Cleanse Retreat this summer. We had so much left over food that we didn't want to go to waste! Last week I posted a recipe for pickled carrots and this week is a recipe that I used to make jam out of all of the left over pears we had.
This recipe I adapted from Food In Jars (a wonderful website that will help you do all kinds of canning). I hope you enjoy!
Cinnamon Pear Jam
- 8 cups chopped pears
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Mix chopped pears and sugar in a big pot.
- Cook over medium heat while smashing the pears into a semi smooth sauce.
- Add cinnamon and lemon juice and continue stirring
- Cook until the mix looks thick and sticky
- Fill the jars (boil the jars in hot water to sanitize them first) and apply the lids.
- Place the filled jars in boiling water for 10 min. You can use a canner or just a pot that is tall enough to completely submerge the jars.
- Remove the finished jars from the pot and place them on a countertop. Cool the jars for at least two hours to seal the lids. You'll know the lids have sealed if the center of the lid doesn't pop up.
Enjoy your jam!
I've teamed up with Harmonic Arts (a company I really love and think you will too). If you purchase through the product links above I'll receive a very small commission at no cost to you. I only ever recommend products I truly believe you can benefit from.