Arugula Quinoa Salad
I keep cooked quinoa in my fridge for quick lunches. Just mix the leftover grain with whatever vegetables or protein (for example salmon or black beans) you have around and toss with a dressing.
- 12 stalks lightly steamed asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup red onions
- Mix the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small jar.
- Pour in the olive oil and shake the jar vigorously until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- If you don't use all of the dressing you can keep it in the fridge for up to about a week.
Mix the quinoa with the arugula, asparagus and red onions. Slowly drizzle the dressing on the salad until every part is coated.