I've been posting a few recipes recently that I used after my Yoga Cleanse Retreat this summer. We had so much left over food that we didn't want to go to waste! Last week I posted a recipe for pickled carrots and this week is a recipe that I used to make jam out of all of the left over pears we had.
This recipe I adapted from Food In Jars ( a wonderful website that will help you do all kinds of canning). I hope you enjoy!
Cinnamon Pear Jam
- 8 cups chopped pears
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Mix chopped pears and sugar in a big pot.
- Cook over medium heat while smashing the pears into a semi smooth sauce.
- Add cinnamon and lemon juice and continue stirring
- Cook until the mix looks thick and sticky
- Fill the jars (boil the jars in hot water to sanitize them first) and apply the lids.
- Place the filled jars in boiling water for 10 min. You can use a canner or just a pot that is tall enough to completely submerge the jars.
- Remove the finished jars from the pot and place them on a countertop. Cool the jars for at least two hours to seal the lids. You'll know the lids have sealed if the center of the lid doesn't pop up.
Enjoy your jam!