An Exploration of Yoga, Mindfulness, and Eastern Energetics
For Yoga Teachers and Yoga Practitioners
MINDFUL YIN YOGA INTENSIVE TRAINING DETAILS:
Each module stands alone as a complete course. Take just one module or continue your learning by taking all modules.
YIN YOGA FOUNDATIONS (Module 1)
Yin yoga has gained a massive amount of popularity over the last few years. Unfortunately, its not always taught and practiced with a solid understanding of yin yoga theory and how to apply yin yoga in a way that is safe and therapeutic.
Jennifer's unique teaching approach blends her deep and extensive background in not only yoga and Buddhist mindfulness, but also her in-depth study of therapeutic movement, anatomy, and Chinese Medicine. This blend results in a study of yin yoga that is not dogmatic and instead aims to address the individual needs of students leading to a deeply transformative and healing practice. Jennifer teaches yin yoga teacher training nationally and internationally and has been teaching yin yoga for nearly a decade.
This immersion is designed for yoga teachers and yoga students who would like to deepen their understanding of the practice and instruction of Yin Yoga. We will explore through physical practice, visual and written material and group discussion:
- Yin Yoga theory and its benefits
- Coverage of Yin postures & modifications for all levels including variations for injuries and limitations
- Mindfulness meditation and Heart practices to support the yin practice
- Anatomy specific to yin yoga
- Exploration of the breath and associated breathing practices
- Yin Yoga sequencing
- How to use props in yin yoga
- Locations of the meridians and acupressure points that can be used during practice or teaching
- Chinese Medicine theory
- Teaching Yoga with integrity
- Multiple experiential practice sessions
Open to all students. This immersion comes with a manual and is considered yin yoga teacher training for Yoga Alliance credit.
Chinese Medicine and Mindful Yoga (Module 2)
In this immersion, we will explore and apply the foundational concepts and philosophy of Chinese Medicine within the context of our yoga practice or yoga teaching.
This immersion comes with a manual. You will learn through physical practice, visual and written material and group discussion:
- How to apply five-element, yin yang, Qi, blood, and essence theory
- How to tailor yoga practice based on seasonal attunement, personal constitution, and health concerns
- The location of the major meridians and how to locate important acupressure points
- How the organ systems work according to Chinese Medicine
- Emotional and psychological themes related to the organs, the elements, and the seasons
- Easy to use self-diagnostic techniques
- Causes of disease and common patterns of disharmony according to Chinese Medicine
- How to sequence yoga classes based on Chinese Medicine principles and goals
This immersion includes a manual and a mix of movement practices, lecture, discussion, hands-on work, and reading. Daily asana, meditation, and breath practices will integrate the Chinese Medicine principles including a focus on how your yoga asana practice can be created to suit your own or your student's individual needs and health concerns.
Open to all yoga students. This immersion is considered teacher training for Yoga Alliance credit.
MEET YOUR GUIDE // JENNIFER RAYE
LICENSED TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE PRACTITIONER AND E-RYT 500 MINDFUL YOGA AND MEDITATION TEACHER JENNIFER RAYE
Jennifer has been offering various forms of healing work since 2003. She has her Doctorate in Traditional Chinese Medicine and has completed over 3000 hours of advanced yoga teacher training. Her offerings include acupuncture, herbal medicine, holistic nutrition, yoga therapy, and mindfulness meditation instruction. Her teachers include Tias and Surya Little, Sarah Powers and Buddhist teachers Thanissara and Kittisaro.
With over a decade of serious training, practice, and teaching within the natural health, yoga, and Buddhist mindfulness communities Jennifer brings a depth of knowledge, presence and dedication to her students and classes rarely found. She currently teaches in a variety of contexts including Pacific Rim College of Integrative Medicine, international retreats, and various advanced yoga teacher trainings.
Jenn loves working with clients and students who are ready to take their practice and life to the next level. Those who work with Jennifer appreciate the warm container she provides which allows one to dive deeply into physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
UPCOMING MINDFUL YIN YOGA INTENSIVES:
(for Jennifer's schedule go here)
How long is the training?
Depending on the needs of the group or studio, trainings are either 20, 30, or 35 hours. Trainings are spread out over the course of 1-2 weekends.
What is yin yoga?
Yin Yoga is a style of yoga practice that activates the connective tissues of the body in order to open restrictions physically and energetically. Using passive longer held postures the tissues of the body become more flexible and the energetic channels open. Read more about yin yoga on the blog.
How can I host Jennifer for a training at my studio?
We would be happy to discuss whether the Mindful Yin Yoga Intensives are a good fit for your studio and community. Please contact email@example.com with your inquiry and we will respond as soon as we can.