Last week I had an afternoon with a friend whipping up these amazing raw chocolate treats while listening to Christmas tunes. Based on the recipe from Cafe Bliss in Victoria BC these chocolates are full of raw cacao which is rich and delicious and also medicinal.
Raw Chocolate Recipe:
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- melted 1/3 cup coconut oil
- melted 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp lacuma powder
- 1 tbsp coconut creme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla cacao powder for dusting
- food grade essential oils (peppermint, ginger)
1) Use a double boiler to melt the cacao butter and coconut oil.
2) Place all ingredients in blender placing first the wet then the dry. Blend gently on low until smooth.
3) I like to add 10 drops or so of food grade essential oil. Get creative and try peppermint, ginger, or another flavor you like.
4) Pour chocolate into molds and place in fridge for at least an hour.
5) Dust with cacao powder
Melting the cacao butter in the double boiler
** Recipe reproduced with permission from "Blissful" Cafe Bliss Cookbook.
I've teamed up with Harmonic Arts (a company I really love and think you will too). If you purchase through the product links above I'll receive a very small commission at no cost to you. I only ever recommend products I truly believe you can benefit from.