A delicious and fresh beet soup for a nourishing lunch or dinner.
- 8 beets
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp salt yogurt for garnish chopped chives or green onions for garnish
- Heat oil and cook beets, potatoes, onion and curry powder, stirring often until onions are softened.
- Add stock and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low - Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In blender or food processor puree veggie mixture until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and heat until simmering.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish each with a dollop of yogurt and chives.