I am always looking for quick meals to bring with me when I am out of the house all day that don't require heating up. Mixing grains with fresh and cooked veg, fresh herbs and some seasoning ensures you have healthy food on the go.
1) Cook 2 cups rinsed quinoa (rinsing washes the belly irritating saponins off)
2) Saute one finely diced red onion
3) Mix cooked onion, and quinoa with 1 cup pecans, 1/2 cup cranberries, 1 cup chopped parsley
4) Toss with olive oil and lemon juice
5) Add sea salt and pepper to taste